Complete the Incursion Scan quest in Icarus unlock Avalanche Expeditions. In it, you will have to go through an impassable area using a high-tech device. This is ours Icarus A guide to help you with your Avalanche Expeditions, Steam Lasers, Biofuel Generators, and Mammoth enemies.
Note: For more information, see Icarus guide and central feature.
Icarus: Avalanche Expeditions Guide – Steam Lasers, Biofuel Generators and Mammoths
Avalanche Exploration Quest in Icarus 600 gold coins upon completion. You can see the goals and points of interest marked on the map below:
- B4: Dropship – This is where you will land.
- G7: Caves – There are several caves in this area, but three are found in G7.
- F7: Laser – You need this device to overcome impassable terrain.
- F8/G8: Avalanche – Technically, getting to this location is the first objective of the mission.
- I7: Final Area – We will arrive here after completing most of the quests.
- D7 and E8: Out of bounds – Try to avoid going to these areas as they are out of bounds.
Mining in caves and building Craftsmen
Why you’ll want to explore caves in the Avalanche Expedition in Icarus is because we need Level 4 immobilizer. Yes, this is another time consuming endeavor similar to Discount on salary day.
As mentioned earlier, the G7 has three caves that you can explore and several more that can be found in other areas. As always, watch out Cave worms and pneumonia. You can build a small shelter to begin with, or hollow out large rocks. Do this while you’re just planting material (i.e., lots of gold, steel, and aluminum for the Craftsman).
Here’s what you need:
- Electronics (Level 3 / Machining Chair)
- 1x Refined Gold – Requires 2x Gold Ore and any kind of Furnace.
- 3x Copper Ingot – Requires 2x Copper Ore and any kind of Furnace.
- 2x Organic Resin – Requires 1x Wood and 1x Oxide; Crafted with Mortar and Pestle.
- 2x Epoxy – Requires 4x Crushed Bones or 2x Sulfur and 4x Sap Trees; Crafted with Mortar and Pestle.
- Lots of Electronics needed for the rest of the manufacturing blueprints.
- Fabricator (Level 4 / Machining Chair)
- 60x Electronics – Discussed above.
- 8x Steel Ingot – Requires 1x Steel Bloom; Crafted using a Concrete Furnace or an Electric Furnace.
- 30x Steel Screws – Use the Workbench to turn 1x Steel Ingots into 100x Steel Screws.
- 40x Aluminum Ingot – Requires 1x Aluminum Ore; Crafted using a Concrete Furnace or an Electric Furnace.
- 30x Concrete Mix – Requires 8x Stone, 4x Silica and 1x Tree Sap; made with a Cement Mixer.
- Tree Sap – Requires 4x Sticks; Crafted with Mortar and Pestle.
- Cement mixer – Requires 50x wood, 40x stone, 20x iron ingot, 8x wire and 8x iron nail; fabricated using a Machining Gauge.
- 8x Carbon Fiber – Requires 1 Carbon Paste.
- Carbon Paste – Requires 1x Silica, 1x Aluminum Ingot, 4x Organic Resin and 2x Epoxy; Crafted with Mortar and Pestle.
In any case, our initial goal is to hit F8/G8. When you see the area of the mountainside collapsed due to an avalanche, you will receive a target to find the Laser. It is located right on a ridge at F7. You may need to build some ramps just to get to it (seen above).
After picking up the Laser, return to F8/G8 and “capture” it on the contour on the overhead rock system. Beware of predators here as they seem to congregate around this area. Anyway, you still can’t activate the Laser because you still need power.
In ours Guide to Fuel and Grenades, we discussed the basics of how you can make Biofuels in Icarus. Here is the gist:
- Biofuel Can (Stage 3 / Machining Chair) – You will only need one.
- Biofuel Booster (Stage 3 / Machining Chair) – This can be placed outside a shelter. Add Biofuel Cans, as well as loads of sap, wood and sticks to the device slots. It may take a few minutes for the Biofuel Tank to fill up.
Likewise, don’t forget that you need a means of power supply:
- Biofuel Generator (Level 4 / Crafting Machine)
- 12x Electronics
- Copper ingot 8x
- 20x ingot steel
- Steel screw 20x
- 2x Glass – Requires 1x Silica; Crafted using a Concrete Furnace or an Electric Furnace.
- Power Tools (Level 4 / Crafting Machines)
- Copper ingot 20x
- 8x refined gold
- 4x carbon fiber
Biofuel generators in Icarus used to power high-tech devices such as vapor lasers. As you can see in the image above, I have placed it in a small bunker next to the Vapor Laser (keep an open side facing the object).
Next, assign a hotkey to the Power Tool. With the Power Tool selected, left click on the Biofuel Generator to create a thin wire. Then left click on the Steam Laser to connect the two objects. You can add a wall with windows that open to fool the player into thinking that the Biofuel Generator is inside a shelter. You can then place the full Biofuel Can in the slot of the generator.
Note 1: You can right click on the wire to remove it (in case it fails). However, it can get a bit complicated even if your pointer is on the wire.
Note 2: You can build wooden ramps that allow you to climb rocks along the hillside. Doing this can be helpful, as you will soon find out.
Defeat the Mammoth and complete the quest Avalanche Exploration in Icarus
When you’re ready, fire up the Biofuel Generator and the Steam Laser. Then quickly run to the top of the cliffs using the ramps I mentioned. The Steam Laser will fire three explosions, destroying the rock slide.
However, this also gave birth to three mammoths. These giant beasts will attack you and they deliver a punch. Thankfully, they won’t be able to reach you if you’re higher up and you can easily snipe them with your bow or hand gun.
After killing the Mammoths, go through the prologue. You are then asked to check an area in the northeast (I7). Go to the marked location (you may meet some wolves here and there).
When you achieve it, the goal will be complete. Run all the way back to the dropship in B4 to complete the Avalanche Expedition quest in Icarus.
Icarus available through Sauna. For more information, see guide and central feature.
https://www.pcinvasion.com/icarus-avalanche-expedition-guide-laser-biofuel-generator/ Avalanche Expedition Guide – Laser Generator and Biofuel
Cet article est traduit automatiquement. N’hésitez pas à nous signaler s’il y a des erreurs.